Louis Block Professor and MacArthur Fellow
Department of Statistics and the College
Co-chair: Committee on Community, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (CCEDI)
Member: Committee on Computational and Applied Mathematics (CCAM)
My research interests are in developing and analyzing estimation, inference, and optimization tools for structured high-dimensional data problems such as sparse regression, sparse nonparametric models, and low-rank models. I work on developing methods for false discovery rate control in settings where we may have undersampled data or misspecified models, and for distribution-free inference in settings where the data distribution is unknown. I also collaborate on modeling and optimization problems in image reconstruction for medical imaging.
Photo by Erielle Bakkum Photography.
Last update: 7/5/22
News & Highlights
- Prof. Rina Foygel Barber awarded a MacArthur Fellowship, October 4, 2023
- Rina Foygel Barber named IMS Fellow, May 5, 2023
- Faculty accolade, December 31, 2020
- UChicago joins three universities in Institute for Foundational Data Science, September 2, 2020
- 2020 COPSS Presidents’ Award winner, August 6, 2020
- Rina Foygel Barber wins Peter Gavin Hall Early Career Prize, March 31, 2020