- Full-time students pursuing a Master's Degree in Statistics are expected to meet all requirements and complete the entire program of study in no more than two years.
- If a student expects to be absent from the Master's program for one or more academic quarters, the student must either withdraw from the program or apply for a leave of absence.
- A student applying for a leave of absence for an academic quarter should submit an application and a written plan in the preceding academic quarter. The plan should state when and how the program of study will be continued and completed.
- The application and the plan for continuing study must be approved by the student's advisor and the Department.
- The above written plan will be kept in the student's record. The student should follow the plan to resume and complete the program.
- For part-time students, a "year" is considered to be any sequence of quarters during which the student registers for a total of nine courses.
Failure to meet the above terms will result in dismissal from the program unless a waiver is granted by the department.
Last update: Fall 2017